Frequently Asked Questions
Compass Realty offers weekly and monthly rentals in Key West and the lower keys.
With a wide variety of comfortable and well-appointed condos, townhomes and private homes throughout Key West which includes the most desirable areas such as the Truman Annex, Key West Golf Club and Coral Hammock.
How are we able to get more information about check-in, departure and other general information about the island?
Once you are fully booked with us we send you an email with an invitation to the “Glad To Have You App” that provides a wealth of knowledge about your stay, and it also provides you a way to be in contact with us.
You can also invite the other guest to use the app as well.
What time is Check-In?
Check-In time is 4PM.
If you find you will be arriving after office hours, please make arrangements for check-in with our office at least 48 hours prior to arrival.
When is Check-Out?
- Check-Out time is 10AM.
- Keys need to be returned to the office in which you picked them up.
- If checking out during non-business hours keys can be placed through the mail slot at either location.
- Lost or keys that are left in the unit may be subject to a fee for replacement or retrieval.
Please follow the check-out procedures that were provided to you by email.
You can also find the check-out instructions on the “Glad To Have You App.”
What forms of payment that are accepted?
All major credit & debit cards, cashier or personal checks and money orders.
When are payments due?
- First payment is due at contract signing. This consist of half of the rent plus any additional fees or taxes.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to your arrival.
What is your cancellation policy?
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR STAYS LESS THAN 30 DAYS
If a Guest’s stay is less than 30 days, Guest may cancel this agreement without obligation and is entitled to a full refund of any deposits made, less the $125 cancellation fee and the reservation fee of $45 plus tax if written cancellation is received by Compass at least 30 days prior to Guests scheduled check-in date. If cancellation is NOT received 30 days prior to check-in date, all monies received, will be forfeited and agreed upon as liquidated damages.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR STAYS GREATER THAN 30 DAYS
If stay is 30 days or more, and written cancellation is received by Compass at least 30 days prior to Guest’s scheduled check-in date, guest may be charged up to a 10% fee of the TOTAL RESERVATION. If cancellation is NOT received 30 days prior to check-in date, all monies received, will be forfeited and agreed upon as liquidated damages.
Do you offer travel insurance?
Yes, Travel insurance is available at an additional charge. The cost is 7.65% of the total cost of the booking.
The Travel Insurance Provider is Generali Global Assistance through CSA.
Vacation Rental Insurance has been made available with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance provides coverage for the loss of prepaid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage is available for events such as a sickness or injury of yourself, family member or traveling companion; flight delays due to adverse weather; interruptions of road service; terrorist acts; and mandatory evacuations. The plan also includes other valuable coverages such as Medical and Dental, Baggage, and Emergency Assistance and Transportation in addition to useful services such as identity theft, concierge and 24/7/365 emergency assistance. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. Additional terms and conditions apply; please read your Description of Coverage/Policy carefully and contact Generali Global Assistance at 866-999-4018 with coverage questions.
You can review the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy here: https://www.csatravelprotection.com/certpolicy.do?product=G-330CSA
Do you require a security deposit?
No, instead we charge a security/damage waiver fee that is non-refundable.
Guest will pay a security waiver in the amount of $59 for 1-2 bedroom properties or a $99 for private homes and 3 or more bedroom properties.
- This will cover from $500 to $700 respectively in accidental damage.
- This is a non-refundable fee and may not be used toward any part of the rental fees due.
Do you provide additional housekeeping for longer stays?
Yes…Please contact the office for more details.
What if I have an emergency after hours?
We have an after-hours emergency line that in-house guest can call: 305.587.2802
I have never been to Key West…What do I need?
- Key West is very casual, and some would say the shorts and flip-flop capital of the country.
- Shorts and T-shirts are acceptable almost everywhere, but feel free to turn it up a notch if you wish.
- Don’t forget about an extra pair of flip-flops and plenty of sunblock!!
- A compact umbrella would be a good idea for the sudden and brief rain showers
- More than likely you will be walking quite a bit during your stay, and while flip-flops are easy and cooler you may want to bring a comfortable pair of walking shoes.
What about parking?
- 1 parking spot is available to each unit in the Truman Annex.
- You will need to pick up your parking pass at the guard house located on Southard Street.
- Key West Golf Club parking has parking for up to two vehicles.
- Please inquire about your parking pass from the guard at the entrance to the Golf Club.
What pools are available for use?
- Many of our private homes in the Truman Annex have private pools. All other units share a community pool based on your unit’s location.
- Some of the single-family homes at The Key West Golf Club have private pools or spas, but the community has two community pools that guest are welcome to use.
- There is no lifeguard on duty and children should have adult supervision while using the pool.
Is there laundry facilities available?
All units have laundry facilities for your use.
Is there Wifi available?
- All our vacation rentals have Wi-Fi available.
- The username and password are provided in the unit and on the “Glad To Have You App.”
Where is the closest grocery store?
- From the Truman Annex and Old Town Key West the closest full-service grocery store is Fausto’s on Fleming Street.
- Fausto’s has two locations: 522 Fleming Street and 1105 White Street
- From the Key West Golf Club, Coral Hammock and New Town Key West there are three grocery stores to choose from:
- Publix in Searstown
- Publix in Key Plaza
- Winn-Dixie in the Overseas Market.
Do you accept pets?
- Compass Realty does with some restrictions offer pet friendly rentals. Please ask your reservationist for more info.
- If you are traveling with a service animal, please contact us prior to booking your vacation rental.
What is the minimum stay on rentals?
- Truman Annex has a minimum stay of 7 nights.
- During high season all stays are from Saturday to Saturday.
- Key West Golf Club are Monthly Rentals Only.
Where's the beach?
Key West has three beaches that are open to the public.
- Smather’s Beach is on South Roosevelt Blvd.
- The beach has chair and umbrella rentals, bathroom facilities and food trucks with food and drinks.
- Parking is free along the sidewalk and is first come first serve.
- Higgs Beach is off Atlantic Boulevard near West Martello Tower and the Edward Knight (White Street) Pier.
- Parking is free and is on a first come, first serve basis.
- There is a shower to rinse off, bathroom facilities and a playground for children.
- There are beach chairs, toys and umbrellas for rent.
- Salute restaurant is located right on the beach and offers a full bar and open-air restaurant for lunch and dinner.
- Fort Zachary State Park is in the Truman Annex.
- There is a fee to enter the park and parking is available inside.
- There is a concession stand with food, snacks, ice cream, beer and wine.
- There are bathroom facilities and outdoor shower for rinsing.
- There are beach chairs and umbrellas for rent.
- Adjacent to the beach is the lovely shade of the Australian pine trees.
- There are picnic tables and charcoal grills scattered under the pine trees.
- The Fort itself is the first right once you are inside the park.
- It offers a great view from atop the fort of Key West Harbor and the western islands.