Terms And Conditions
Pets are not permitted on our properties, but if you require a service animal then we reserve the right to charge an amount that is up to but will not to exceed the cost of the exit clean that is already calculated into your rent.
RESERVATION WILL AUTOMATICALLY CANCEL IF THE CONTRACT IS NOT SIGNED & RETURNED WITHIN 3 CALENDAR DAYS.
Payment for this reservation will automatically be processed 5-days following the date that the reservation was initiated.
ADVANCE RENTAL DEPOSIT: In order to hold and confirm this reservation, Compass requires payment of 50% of the total rent plus any taxes and fees. The remaining balance is due 60 days prior to arrival. This deposit shall be held in a non-interest-bearing escrow account. If reservation is made 60 days or less prior to arrival date full rent, tax and fees are due. Each reservation is charged a $45 non-refundable registration fee and 12.5% sales tax, see TAXES below for a further breakdown.
THIS RESERVATION WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE CANCELLED IF A SIGNED FULLY EXECUTED CONTRACT IS NOT RETURNED WITHIN 3 CALENDAR DAYS.
ANY BALANCE DUE UPON ARRIVAL: Any balance paid upon arrivals is payable by certified funds (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Travelers Check, money order, or certified bank check). Compass will not accept personal checks at check-in.
FULL PAYMENT AND A CREDIT CARD IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO ARRIVAL OR KEYS CANNOT BE GIVEN OUT.
TAXES: Guests acknowledges that Compass will collect 7.5% Florida State Tax and 5% Monroe County Tax, based on the gross rent for the term of the Agreement.
SECURITY WAIVER: Guest agrees to pay a security waiver in the amount of $49 for 1-2-bedroom properties or $99 for private homes and 3 or more-bedroom properties, which will cover from $500 to $700 respectively in accidental damage. This is a non-refundable fee and may not be used toward any part of the rental fees due. If the damages are intentional or exceed the covered amount the guest authorizes Compass Realty to charge the amount of the damage to the credit card the guest has provided for the reservation file. Guest must report all damage immediately to Compass at its offices. As used herein, “Immediately” means within 24 hours of the loss or damage, and, in all cases, prior to check out. Compass shall, in its sole discretion, determine the extent of repairs necessary to correct any damage caused by Guest. The use of the security fee coverage is void if Guest fails to report damage to Compass immediately. In the event of any dispute relating to damage to the Premises, the parties agree that said dispute will be resolved in the appropriate court having jurisdiction in Monroe County, Florida and the prevailing party shall be awarded its reasonable attorney’s fees and costs against the non-prevailing party both at the trial and appellate level. Formal service of process is waived and may be accomplished by certified mail, return receipt requested or UPS or any other international method of mail delivery with a receipt showing delivery. Service shall include a copy of any relevant complaint and summons.
FOR ALL MONTHLY RESERVATIONS: There is a $175.00 cap on the electric charges for monthly stays, including the month of February. These overages are agreed to be charged to the Guest’s credit card on file. Mid-stay cleanings will be charged to the guest; the cleaning of the unit will be performed mid-month of each monthly reservation. If housekeeping is denied access to the property, Compass reserves the right to grant access to the property to housekeeping with 24-hour notice to the guest. Additional conditions apply for longer stays, please ask for details.
COMPARABLE PREMISES AND FORCE MAJEURE: Unforeseeable circumstances may arise, which make it impossible or impractical for Compass to provide the anticipated accommodations to our Guests. Such circumstances may include, but not be limited to, scheduling problems, equipment failure, road/building construction that may occur at, around, or near any of our properties or in Key West, as well as fire or other casualty at the Premises. In such a circumstance, Compass reserves the right to transfer Guest to another vacation property of reasonably comparable value, determined in the sole discretion of Compass, whose determination shall be final. In other circumstances which include, but not be limited to government actions, adverse weather or beach conditions, hurricanes, wind storms, fires or other natural occurrences, acts of God, acts of war, acts of terrorism, said circumstances not being exclusive, it may be impossible or impractical for Compass to make available reasonable or other alternative accommodations to Guest. In such a circumstance, if the Guest has not taken travel insurance, a refund of the unused rent in the amount determined at the sole discretion of Compass, whose determination shall be final, will be provided to the Guest.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If a Guest’s stay is less than 30 days, Guest may cancel this agreement without obligation and is entitled to a full refund of any deposits made, less the $125.00 cancellation fee and the reservation fee of $45. If written cancellation is received by Compass at least 60 days prior to Guests scheduled check-in date. If stay is 30 days or more, and written cancellation is received by Compass at least 60 days prior to Guest’s scheduled check-in date, guest will be charged a 10% fee of the TOTAL RESERVATION. If cancellation is NOT received 60 days prior to check-in date, all monies received, will be forfeited and agreed upon as liquidated damages.
RETURNED CHECKS: Guest shall be responsible for a $35 fee for checks returned by the bank for non-payment/insufficient funds.
TRAVEL AGENT OR OTHER TRAVEL SERVICE RESERVATIONS: The Travel Agent or other services, contacted by the Guest to book a reservation, are independent contractors and not agents or employees of Compass. The property owner and Compass are not liable financially or otherwise for un-disclosed agent fees, acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches, or negligence of any such Travel Agent or other service. Therefore, the property owner and Compass are not responsible for any damages or expenses, resulting there from. The property owner and Compass have no liability and will make no refund in the event of any acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches, negligence, or other issues beyond their direct control.
CHECK- IN is at 4 PM EST
Please call us at: 305-292-1881 to arrange for the retrieval of your keys at least 48 hours prior to your arrival.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm Est. & Saturdays: December 15 – April 15 (Please ask about hours.)
1. ALL UNITS ARE NON-SMOKING – including patios, decks, balconies and common areas.
2. Maintenance Emergencies: After 5 EST Monday – Friday & weekends call 1-305-587-2802.
3. Guest shall take care of the Premises, its appliances and furnishings and maintain the unit in a neat and sanitary condition. Guest will leave unit in the same condition as at check-in, including furniture placement. (see page 6 for further details)
4. If you lock yourself out from a unit, a $50.00 fee will be charged to your account if an agent needs to come down to let you into the unit. If a locksmith is needed to gain access to your unit, the locksmith is called at the renter’s expense.
5. Guest shall not use the Premises for any disorderly or unlawful purposes or in any manner offensive to others or in any manner which would constitute breach of the peace. Guest shall comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to the Premises, including those of applicable condominium or homeowner associations.
6. Guest agrees to the occupancy limits for the property. Guests shall not sublet premises- Ask your reservationist for more details.
7. No occupants under the age of 25 are allowed unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Non-compliance with this provision will result in forfeiture of occupancy and all monies paid to date. Guest shall not sublet Premises or allow anyone to share Premises without Compass’s prior written consent.
8. PETS are not allowed in the property or its premises. Service animals are permitted with the appropriate documentation and notification at time of booking. There will be an additional housekeeping charge with service animals.
9. PARKING: Guests staying at the Key West Golf Club are allowed two vehicles and you will need to collect the parking pass from the guard house located at the entrance of the KWGC. Guests staying in the Truman Annex have access to one assigned parking spot and should retrieve a parking pass from the guardhouse located on Southard Street, please be sure to have your paperwork with you. Please speak with your reservation specialist for further details. Coral Hammock does not require passes at this time.
10. POOLS: Pools are open from dawn to dusk. Please read the rules and regulations posted at all pools and follow them accordingly.
11. NO VEHICLES OVER 18 FEET LONG or 89 INCHES WIDE WILL BE PERMITTED. No large trucks, RV’s, boats, trailers, jet skis, mobile homes, campers, vans or similar vehicles are allowed to park on the property. Motorcycles and scooters must be parked on the street in the assigned spaces; not on the sidewalks or porches. Bicycles must be parked in designated areas, i.e. bike racks or backyards. Company signage or logos of any kind are not allowed on any parked vehicles.
12. ELECTRIC CARS MAY NOT BE CHARGED AT ANY OUTLET ON THE PREMISES.
The Guest acknowledges Compass is acting solely in the capacity of Agent for the property owner and assumes no liability there under. If the Guest defaults in the performance of any of the obligations contained herein or fails to follow all the Terms and Conditions of this agreement. Guest may be required to vacate the premises without refund. In addition, if any action brought against Guest, the property owner and Compass shall be entitled to recover all costs and expenses as well as court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees. Our transient units are licensed and operated under Florida Statutes Chapter 509.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
Please be aware that you are vacationing in a residential area. There is a strict occupancy limit of two individuals per bedroom. No trash, garbage or debris shall be placed in any yard, porch or deck area. All garbage must be in plastic bags and deposited into the designated receptacles. No occupant shall make or permit any disruptive noises in or around the buildings or permit any conduct of any persons or service animals that will interfere with the rights, comforts or conveniences of other residents. No towels, clothing, linens, etc. shall be hung from the balcony rails, front porch or rear yards. Occupants found to be violating these rules may be evicted and fined.
1. COMPASS agrees to provide the Premises in a clean condition.
2. COMPASS agrees to provide maintenance and repairs as required.
3. COMPASS agrees to allow for the full use and enjoyment of the Premises by Guest during the term of this agreement provided the Guest abides by all terms of this Agreement.
4. COMPASS and the owner of the unit will NOT be responsible for loss, theft or injuries sustained by the Guest.
5. FURNISHING AND LINENS: Furnishings of the Premises are subject to change without notice. Furniture, bedding, utensils or any other property supplied with the Premises must not be taken out or transferred from one property or another. Loss of these items, as well as damage to the property or furnishings in excess of normal wear will be charged to the Guest. Moving of furnishings inside or outside the Premises is strictly forbidden. If any furnishings need to be moved back to original placement, there is a $125.00 charged to the Guest. A basic supply of linens is provided in each property. Bed linen and bath towels are not changed during your stay. There is a startup kit of hand soap, toilet tissue, paper towels, laundry soap, dish soap and trash bags. Guest is responsible for replenishing these toiletries and paper products.
6. INDEMNIFICATION: Guest hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Compass harmless for injuries or other losses to Guest and other persons and property that may occur in connection with Guest’s use of the Premises. Guest further agrees that, as agent for the owner of the Premises, Compass has no control over the condition of the Premises and, furthermore, that Compass is not under any obligation to accept for safekeeping any moneys, securities, jewelry, or other articles of personal property belonging to Guest, nor is Compass liable for any loss in connection with any such items, or for providing security for the Premises. Compass will cooperate in forwarding any complaint or concern of Guest to the owner of the Premises but shall not be obligated to correct any condition or hazard associated with the Premises. All property information is provided by the individual property owner and is true and accurate to the best of Compass’s knowledge; however, Guest agrees to indemnify and hold Compass harmless for any property information errors due or changes due to maintenance or owner’s removal of items from the home. We have made every effort to ensure that all information on Compass’s website is correct and accurate.
7. OTHER REMEDIES: In addition to the foregoing rights and remedies of Compass under these Terms and Conditions, Compass expressly reserves all other rights and remedies available to similar parties pursuant to Chapter 509 Florida Statutes. Exercise of one right or remedy by Compass shall not prevent exercise of any other right or remedy available to Compass.
8. ATTORNEY’S FEES AND COSTS: In the event that any action is required by Compass to enforce this Agreement, Compass shall be entitled to recover its damages and expenses including reasonable attorney’s fees.
9. AGENCY: You are hereby notified, pursuant to Florida Statute 475.25(1)(A), before you sign any contractual offer or lease agreement, that the real estate broker involved in this transaction is an agent, employee, independent contractor or representative of the lessor and that such broker is being paid by such other party.
Additional Charges: Mid-Stay Cleans – If you are staying at a property for 27 days or longer, at least one mid-stay clean will be required. Pool Heat – If you are staying at a property during the winter months, with a private pool an additional charge will be assessed for the pool heater. If any of these charges are applicable to your booking, you will be sent an updated contract to review and sign once our reservation staff has reviewed your booking.
RADON: Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that, when it has accumulated in a building in sufficient quantities, may present health risks to persons who are exposed to it over time. Levels of Radon that exceed federal and state guidelines have been found in buildings in Florida. Additional information regarding Radon testing may be obtained from your county public health unit.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If a Guest’s stay is less than 30 days, Guest may cancel this agreement without obligation and is entitled to a full refund of any deposits made, less the $125.00 cancellation fee and the reservation fee of $45. If written cancellation is received by Compass at least 60 days prior to Guests scheduled check-in date. If stay is 30 days or more, and written cancellation is received by Compass at least 60 days prior to Guest’s scheduled check-in date, guest will be charged a flat 10% fee of the TOTAL RESERVATION. If cancellation is NOT received 60 days prior to check-in date, all monies received, will be forfeited and agreed upon as liquidated damages.
TRAVEL INSURANCE IS AVAILABLE AT AN ADDITIONAL COST OF 6.95% OF THE TOTAL COST OF YOUR BOOKING.
As a valued guest we want to do everything possible to make your trip enjoyable and worry free. Because certain unforeseen circumstances can occur before you leave or when you are away from home, we recommend travel insurance.
Travel Insurance is Provided by Trip Preserver
Please go to their website for further review of their product and services. TripPreserver.com/sun-trip-preserver/
Compass Realty is now proud to offer…
by Glad to Have You
This application allows to see all your travel info including arrival information, details of the area, weather and much more.
The app also gives us one more way to stay in touch with each other.
- Go to your app store and search:Guest Hospitality by Glad to Have You
- Once downloaded, login by using your email and your arrival date.