Some people believe that Key West is only for partiers, but that’s simply not the case! Key West has a plethora of kids activities and a laid-back atmosphere that is perfect for families. In addition, these family-friendly activities are far removed from Duval Street’s gauntlet of bars. Whether you’re looking for fun on the water or off, indoors or outdoors, Key West has quite a surprising amount of family-friendly attractions on offer.
7 Best Key West Kids Activities
The team at Compass Realty has compiled a list of the most fun-filled kid-friendly activities in Key West. Check it out and start planning your unforgettable Key West family getaway today!
- The Mallory Square Sunset Celebration features entertainment in the form of jugglers, magicians, and face painters, as well as jaw-dropping sunset views. This square is the center of Key West and also features restaurants, shops, theater, museums, and spectacular sunsets.
- Hitting the beach is a must in Key West. Head over to Higgs Beach and enjoy swimming in the shallow water, playing on the volleyball courts, and exploring the children’s playground.
- Families visiting the Key West Aquarium can get a detailed look at the Keys’ native marine life and even the chance to touch and hold some of them.
- The Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory contains a conservatory, an art gallery, and a learning center where visitors will learn about the anatomy and life cycle of butterflies.
- Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum uses actors, films, and actual treasures to tell the story of Key West’s maritime history. Visitors to the museum get the opportunity to climb the 65-foot tower to look for wrecks on the reef.
- Getting on the water in Key West is a must. There are many ways to enjoy the ocean, from parasailing, jet skiing, and snorkeling, to sailing, scuba diving, and deep-sea fishing; you are sure to find something for everyone!
- One of the best ways to see Old Town Key West is the Conch Train Tour. Hop on and off when you want and learn about the rich history of the area. Kids 12 and ride for free!
Well-Appointed Vacation Rentals in Key West
After a long day of exploring all that Key West has to offer, unwind in your Key West accommodations. Compass Realty offers a variety of well-appointed vacation rentals throughout the Truman Annex and Old Town areas of Key West. With one- to four-bedroom rentals available, finding accommodations that fit your family is easy as can be. To learn more about our rental options, check out our website or give us a call at 1-305-292-1881.